- Leads and implements initiatives as required to deliver business objectives
- Decomposes business requirements and translates them into detailed design specifications and code.
- Assesses the impact of design decisions on the computer solution/product/service being developed (i.e. performance, schedule, budget, downstream component/system impact, quality, etc.) and recommends alternate/creative solutions for mitigation/optimization if required.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business for informed decision-making.
- Drive meetings with subject matter experts from all areas of the business including infrastructure, operations, applications, vendors and leads to seeking input from and planning/coordinating the development, define requirements and timelines.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Leads/conducts detailed code reviews and provides feedback in a constructive manner.
- Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers.
- Assesses the costs and benefits of different solutions and recommends/decides on appropriate designs.
- Designs solutions, writes code, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artifacts/documentation, and facilitates final delivery.
- Supports production issues, including independently completing root-cause analysis and diagnosis.
- Builds solutions that are supportable, scalable, and achieve our aspiration of common assets.
- Recommends or automates approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the development capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Self-starter, driven, and can handle multiple projects and priorities.
- Passionate about driving customer values with a digital acceleration mindset and culture in a fast-paced, challenging environment where you get the opportunity to work with a spectrum of the latest tools and technologies to drive forward continuous improvement.
- Actively looking to improve the solutions you implement, understand the efficacy of collaboration and reaching out across functional borders, and keen to work in a team in an Agile environment.
- Possess the ability to inspire yourself and all of our team. Based on your previous experiences you will inject new knowledge and skills into an already high-performing team thus excelling our efforts to new heights.
Must have skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated strong programming skills and hands-on experience in full-stack development with mobile app development (Angular/Cordova), and Java back-end development (SpringBoot, APIs, REST/JSON, SOAP/XML, Swagger, OpenAPI, Microservices architecture)
- Experience with Cloud services and DevOps concepts: OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes, Artifactory, BitBucket, Bamboo, Ansible, etc.)
- Proven and demonstrable experience designing and implementing high volume, high availability applications with a very high degree of automation
- Comfortable working in an Agile/SCRUM setting – ability to manage multiple priorities; ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrate strong facilitation, negotiation, interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate ability to easily deal with both abstract and concrete concepts and be able to reconcile them for the appropriate audience and context
- Quickly understand organizational dynamics and management priorities, and to be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, results-driven company.
- A critical thinker with strong analytics, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and an ability to work independently and or in a team
- Ability to communicate across business units and the ability to interface with and communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and mentor junior developers
Degree or Certificate
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and or equivalent industry experience
- 5 – 7 years of relevant experience and/or certification in a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Initial Term: 6 months
Pay: $70 – $85 an hour