Junior DB2 DBA
We are currently seeking competent individuals to fulfill the role of DB2 DBA to join our dynamic team for our client, one of the major banks.
– Provide DB2 Administrative services to application development team.
– Design/develop/test/support DB2 LUW database.
– Plan, design, develop, test, and support database systems.
– Perform regular database work and maintenance, such as storage management, import, export, load, access control, etc.
– Provide technical analysis and recommendations.
– Performance tuning and trouble shooting.
– Write scripts and enhance performance.
– Strong knowledge of SQL.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 1+ years of experience with DB2 or SQL
• IBM Certified Database Associate – Db2 Fundamentals for LUW (for any Db2 version)
1. Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
2. Excellent Presentation Skills – able to translate technical standards/practices to customer.
3. Desire to keep up with new technology innovations
4. Able to work individually and as a team
5. Coordination Skills
1) Technical working experience as a DB2 LUW DBA supporting development/QA/non-functional testing/production environments within the Financial Industries.
2) Hands on Experience of DB2 HADR
3) SQL Program Language Experience – as team also does development work
1) Certification on IBM Db2
2) Degrees: · Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.