Project Control Officer (Spanish)
- Responsible for supporting the Delivery Team in the following: Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts, and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
- Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded, and maintained ongoing costs to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
- Perform financial management activities such as project budget forecasting and payment processing while following the bank guidelines, for the different components of the budget, Toronto, GBS, and the countries/regions. Countries/ Entities: GBS Countries, Colombia (Colpatria), Mexico, Canada, Peru, Chile, Central America, and other Caribbean countries. Create financial Project Change Requests (PCRs) to ensure the costs are allocated to the correct Component/Cost Element. Use Smart Stream to track invoices submitted to accounts payable.
- Update the financial information for the Executive Steering Committee documents. Administrate the SharePoint for the Collection Solutions. Interact and support the countries/regions with the financial management of the budget assigned as per the approved business case, by building and maintaining a strong partnership with them.
- Assist in the creation/update of new Business Cases to implement the Collection Solutions along with the countries.
- Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating, and following up on action items, and maintaining project distribution lists.
- Support the Delivery Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain the momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities. The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress. Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels (not to exceed 10 workday increments and not to detail less than 4 hours) Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed on project reports, and escalating issues to the Delivery Manager, or Senior Delivery Manager as required
Requirements/Must Have Skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- 5 Years Relevant Experience in Project Control position
- Strong familiarity with Excel, Power Point and MS Project Schedule Required
- Previous Financial Management Experience
- Previous Experience Assisting Project Managers
- PMP designation an asset
- Previous Banking Experience
- Quick Learner
- Computer Literate
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to adapt to new software
Best vs Average:
The Best vs Average Candidate would have previous Project Control experience in the banking sector with a PMP designation. Fluent in English and Spanish.
Degrees or certifications
- BA in a related field (Business Admin, Finance, ETC.)
- PMP Designation an asset