Software Developer (.NET)
- Deliver well designed systems of high quality that make appropriate use of technology.
- Participate/Lead in the development of implementation and testing plans
- Responsible for maintaining currency in technological trends and directions continually upgrading personal technical and IT related skills through research, education and self‐motivated technology experimentation.
- Participate in new technology investigation and makes recommendations for new technology adoption where appropriate.
- As directed, lead technical projects and acts as mentor to junior development staff
- Maintain currency in technological trends and directions through research/education/self-motivated technology experimentation.
- Participate and/or lead in new technology investigation and makes recommendations for new technology adoption where appropriate.
- Participate in technical projects and acts as mentor to junior development staff
- Minimum 5 years design/development experience with at least 2 years full-time application development experience in the Financial industry particularly around Capital Markets application ecosystem.
- Good knowledge of current information systems theories, concepts, and techniques
- Experience in the full project life cycle – from conception to completion
- Experience delivering complex solution that are scalable, highly available, resilient and performant
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in the following technologies: .Net/.Net Core/.Net Standard and it’s eco systems, Object Oriented Design Patterns, SOA, ActiveMQ/AMQP, PL-SQL, Oracle 11g onwards, Python
- Strong expertise in API development and integration (RESTful, JSON/XML)
- Practical experience in implementing/maintaining Continuous Delivery Pipeline / Practice (e.g. Github, Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus) in Agile environment.
- Knowledge with cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure) and cloud architecture
- Knowledge of modern digital architecture (cloud, containers, messaging and microservices)
- Previous working experience with a vendor solution would be an asset
- Previous working experience in developing, implementing and integrating capital markets applications and platforms would be an asset
- Excellent communication/customer service skills required for interactions with business partners and people of varying levels of technical expertise
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent working experience